Thursday, June 26, 2008

Your Erotic Potential

Audre Lorde speaks extensively about the erotic as a profound transformative energy that goes beyond physicality to the core of who we are as human beings. One could say that the erotic is like a raw current of electricity: a profoundly powerful force that has the ability to both create and destroy. Electricity, harnessed with intention, has a very different outcome than the random uncontrolled chaos of a lightning storm. But both are the same energy.
As a Mistress, I consciously orchestrate erotic energy to create a particular outcome. These outcomes are a mutual decision between myself and a client, and can be as simple as: "I want to learn how to let go.", "I want to figure out what's blocking me from moving forward.", "I want to heal my grief.", "I want to learn about the submissive part of myself because I don't know how to access it."
The content of a session, its activities and scenarios, are not as important as the intention set by the outcome. The same destination can be reached in many different ways. As the Sufi poet Rumi says, "There are a hundred ways to kneel and kiss the ground!" Each individual's journey to their outcome through the vehicle of their erotic desires will be unique, but I've observed time and time again that the outcomes are indeed achieved. The clients that leave my space, through their own committment to their growth and pleasure and through their willingness to trust in the unknown to answer them, are different people than the ones who contact me initially with trepidation. The erotic energy was simply (and profoundly) the catalyst!

No comments: